Paul has 30 years of industry experience in biological products and vaccines, primarily in vaccine development and benefit/risk evaluation and management for developmental and marketed products in several therapeutic areas.
He works as an independent medical advisor, collaborating with several companies in clinical development and clinical trial and post-marketing safety surveillance.
• Global Head of Drug Safety & Deputy QPPV, ThromboGenics NV (now Oxurion NV), Belgium (2012 – 2015)
• Director, Head Safety Evaluation & Risk Management, Biologicals Clinical Safety & Pharmacovigilance, GSK Biologicals, Belgium (2008 – 2011)
• Director, Clinical Development Viral Vaccines, GSK Biologicals, Belgium (2003 – 2008)
• Director Clinical Development & Medical Affairs Hepatitis Vaccines, GSK Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States (2001 – 2003)
• Associate Director Clinical Development & Medical Affairs Pediatric Vaccines, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals (now GSK), Collegeville & King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States (1999 – 2001)
• Medical Manager Vaccines Eastern Europe, SmithKline Beecham spol. s r.o. (now GSK), Czech Republic (1998 – 1999)
• Clinical Project Manager/Medical Advisor, Paediatric vaccines, SmithKline Beecham Biologicals s.a. (now GSK), Rixensart, Belgium (1993 – 1998)
• MD degree from Liège University, Belgium